Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Response 5 Education and the Structural Crisis of Captial

   This article discuesses the topic and different reason that the education system is "failing" over the years. They have many different arguments on what exactly is happenening.
   The first argument is that it is the teachers fault, and that the teachers are becoming lazy and slacking, not so much as even caring about the students and how they improve in their education levels. They say they are not getting paid enough to actually care about the students and try to teach the students the material.
  Another argument is that it is the Capital Crisis and it's the government's fault that this so called system of eduaction of ours is failing. They think it is more important to discipline the students rather than encourage them.
 In my opioion it is not necessarly the students or the teachers faults, although I do think that high school needs to prepare us more for college and the real world. I thought high school was the easiest thing in the world, I had straight A's, honor roll you name it, then I came to college and it was a huge reality check, it was way more than I had thought. I also have come to realize that students in my generation don't know how to do simple common since things, and the reason being that they don't teach things like that in the school and education systems these days.

1 comment: